It's Brittany Bitch!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Dream Realized

presidnt obama Pictures, Images and Photos
I watched the inauguration of President Obama this afternoon.
It was one of the most inspiring things I believe I've seen.... ever. President Obama in his usual eloquent and inspirational manner in my opinion spoke to everyone. For real this time. So many before him said the appropriate words as if speaking to everyone, yet never quite achieving that feat. What I found most telling of the kind of leader he is, and will be is his ability to make everyone listening feel as one. He only said the word 'I' three times. Instead we heard the word 'We' used over and over. And that feeling resonated throughout the crown there in attendance. Complete strangers were holding hands, kids and senoirs were crying tears of joy in unison. I dare to find the person who did not feel a sense of hope.
Somewhere Martin Luther King Jr. is smiling down thinking all that he fought for was not in vain. That this birthday is the most joyous one he could have ever imagined. Dreams do come true.

No comments: