It's Brittany Bitch!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Patti.... I love you!


I had been wanting to see a good concert for quite some time. A lot of the artists of today do great videos, but . . . . I was longing to see a good live show. A friend suggested we see Patti Labelle . It was free in the Wingate Field Park in Brooklyn. I was never a huge Patti fan... a big Labelle fan but not the former. Well from the moment miss thing hit that stage opening with Queen's " We Will Rock You" (yes, I gagged too!) she had me!!!! I saw her once before live @ MSG and although she was good, I was not floored. This time? This bitch turned me out so much I sat there in awe savoring every minute of her. She PERFORMED! The voice, the banter, the presence, the love she showed to this drunk fool who she by the way made a part of the show... she made you just want to run up there and give her a hug. It was if I was seeing her for the first time. I saw her with new eyes. The reality is that I most likely am responding to the more relaxed, more mature, serene incarnation of this undeniably very talented woman. Well, you got me Patti. Now... I'm just waiting for this Labelle reunion project to surface... coming this fall. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was with you girl. You know I love Patti... now you and I have to go together!