It's Brittany Bitch!

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's All About Being Beautiful

Jody Watley's latest release not only impressed me.. it turned me out. #1: I didn't know Miss thing had anything new out # 2: It's a whole lot better than that tired thing she last released...she murdered one of my all time favorite Chic songs "I Want You Love". The girls need to learn to leave a classic alone if you don't have anything interesting to bring to it. I would love to see more of the girls from the 80's make some noise today. Not literal noise, something that reminds you of why they are who they think they are (wink) I got a sneak listen to one of the new Labelle songs (hmmm....idk) but, I'm quite excited about this project. Fingers crossed...
This Jody ditty is cute. Who's next? It's a beautiful thing seeing the girls from my era prancing on the scene.....

Jody Watley's "A Beautiful Life"....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who knew jody watley was still singing. got to check her out. thanks brittany

Moanerplicity said...

I think there's more to her than the material she chooses to do. Not seeing much growth, & an artist has to grow, stretch & constantly evolve, not just for the public, but for The Self.

Meanwhile, she's obvious keeping herself looking good, & it's cool to see Miss Jody hasn't let herself go.

Thanks for rollin thru.

Snatch JOY!

One.

Anonymous said...

She still looks good. Nice to see she still holding it down, but the track is just ok. I think a lot of these singers these days trying so hard for a hit they are losing their self. Just my opinion.