It's Brittany Bitch!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm......

I was watching my girl Whoopi the other day talk about how the term "African-American" annoys her. I swear that woman and I are so in sync sometime it's frightening. I'm so happy for all my so-called brothers & sisters who prescribe to this latest name sake attached to them. It's all about what makes you happy, and ignorance is bliss right? Sorry but that's some bullshit to me. Like Miss Whoopi.. you refer to me as that and we have a problem. That's nothing but a term white people gave you to make you less of an American. We've gone through a litany of such terms... colored,negro,etc. I got news for people a so-called true American is an Indian, and they get treated like second class citizens far and wide in this lovely America. That's a whole other topic. The term of an American has long been broadened. If you and your parents were born here and speak the native tongue... you are an American. Unless your ass is from a tribe you have no right getting technical and challenging someone's American heritage.
And being black, yes honey I'm Black...
I came across this particularly thought provoking video and wanted to share.
I hope you find it as interesting as I did.....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK girl! You just made me think right there, I am really FEELING YOU!!!!!

Lady Bunny said...

DAMN! THEY TOOK DOWN THAT VIDEO!

Anonymous said...

Well said girl You better tell it!__Candy xo