It's Brittany Bitch!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Macy Gray's 'Beauty'!


Macy Gray is one of those artists I should pay more attention to. Just when I seem to forget about her she comes along with something else I like... a lot! She consistently makes music that I respond to. Coupled with that very unique raspy voice she seems to have a wealth of musicality. She has a knack for constructing some very full bodied rhythmic songs. She also does topical issues in songs without it sounding preachy or corny as so many others do. She takes this song I saw her perform on Leno 'Beauty In The World' which could have been annoyingly saccharine with it's message of spreading love and recognizing beauty and makes it relate-able. All the while keeping her quirky. There's definitely a place on the scene for Macy. Nice to see someone doing their own thing... not following the pack.

No comments: